----- Original Message -----
From: "Juraj Hantak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
>
> I have a question is smtp after POP feature supported in the newest
> Courier Imap?
> I have installed courier-imap-4.0.2 and courier-authlib-0.55 everythink
> is OK but
> the SMTP after POP feature is not working.

IMAP-before-SMTP is possible when using Courier-IMAP v3.x. However it only
works when configured "--with-authvchkpw --without-authdaemon". When
running --without-authdaemon, Courier-IMAP's authvchkpw code is able to make
use of vpopmail's roaming user functions to allow IMAP-before-SMTP
functionality. IMAP-before-SMTP is not possible when Courier-IMAP has been
complied --with-authdaemon, because in this mode the user's IP address is
not made available to the authvchkpw code (via the TCPREMOTEIP env var).
Also note that in Courier-IMAP v4.x and later, --without-authdaemon
functionality is no longer available thus preventing IMAP-before-SMTP from
working.

Courier-pop3d uses the same backend code as courier-imap, so
courier-pop-before-smtp is also not available in v4.x

Michael.