tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
At 08.52 18/05/2005, you wrote:

tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:

At 17.59 17/05/2005, you wrote:

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 11:47 am, tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
> Hi Jimmy,
>
> this does not look as a chkuser problem, but as a general qmail problem (as
> chkuser uses same logging routines of qmail). chkuser log goes whenever
> qmail logs go. Are your normal qmail-smtpd logs going to syslog?

I currently have no problems with email logging. I have also got the rblsmtpd syslogd patch working its only the chkuser stuff that does not end up in syslog.

This is my configuration for qmail-smtpd. It logs everything (chkuser included).

I don't use supervise, so you must change something if you use it.

/var/qmail/ucspi/tcpserver -l my.system.name \
-b 20 -c 40 -u 88 -g 83 \
-h -R -t 5 -v -p -x /vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb my.system.address smtp \
/var/qmail/ucspi/rblsmtpd -r bl.spamcop.net -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org \
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1 | splogger mytag &

When I added a similar line where i had /var/qmail/bin/splogger tcpserver &

It appeared to actually accept all emails regardless if the user was on the system or not. When I remove that line it will reject email for invalid users using chkuser.

Any ideas?

Tonino