On Wednesday 18 May 2005 02:57 pm, Sylwester S. Biernacki wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 9:46:30 PM, Jeremy wrote:
> >> http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/mail/toaster/patches/tcpserver-mysql.shtml
> >
> > that's a hack, and I would not recommend using it.
> >
> > it's not tcpserver's job to handle specific functions such as this.
>
> However sometimes you have to do sth even if it looks bad and is not
> scalable ;)

why, when there are such better alternatives?

http://untroubled.org/relay-ctrl/

It's simple, easy to use, easy to set up, and fits in with the UNIX mindset of
doing things.  Simple tools with specific functions that interact with each
other.

6 of one half dozen of the other, I suppose.  I guess I'm just a purist and
don't patch anything unless I absolutely have to.

-Jeremy

    [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]