Hey thanks... Let me explain the scenario a bit better.

NFS Server is a Slackware 10.1 box.
NFS Client (and qmail/vpopmail server) is a FreeBSD 5.4 box.

My server side client export file looks like this.

/mnt/hd/mail_store/test minoru(no_root_squash,rw,sync)

I believe the 'no_root_squash' flag is the equiv of the -maproot=0 for BSD/other OS's.

I'm not having any issue at all creating files, chowning, or chmoding. It seems that it's a simple locking problem. [lockd] seems to be running on the NFS host, however I'm wondering if it's the difference in NFS standards. I've compiled vpopmail with the --disable-file-locking configure flag, and then everything seems to work fine, however it's not very multi-user-safe.

Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Jimmy

Andre Fortin wrote:

I use NFS for my vpopmail directories, and haven't seen this..

I'm assuming you're using CDB files for auth; that means the DB files are
all on NFS.  If you don't have your root mapped properly, you won't be able
to create files.  Try using -maproot=0 (freebsd, others may be similar) in
your exports on the NFS server, and re-mount the NFS mountpoint; see if that
helps.

Andre