Hello Billy,

On Saturday, July 2, 2005 at 6:32:47 PM Billy wrote:

>> N.B.: Number of authentication should not play a role in accessing
>> your cdb-file, if you're configured vpopmail to only use MySQL the cdb
>> will be as static as your kernel: unless *you* change it, it won't
>> change.

> (I'm going by memory, so this is a paraphrase.)

> If you aren't familiar with the Matt Simerson mysql patch, it was born
> because there can be major lookup problems with the cdb file, especially
> using POP before SMTP.

Have tested it a long time ago and know why it was developed, albeit I
don't actively use it.

> Mysql has no problem with the above scenario, as it is designed for
> heavy accesses and changes to its tables.

Absolutely right.

But: what's the matter with 'POP-before-SMTP done through MySQL' and
additionally using a .cdb-file for static entries?
Does the patch nevertheless a MySQL-lookup, even if something is found
in .cdb-file? In this case a .cdb-file in fact wouldn't make much
sense, except the fact the answer from MySQL could kept short (no
result) and some parsing time could be spared.
--
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

An authority: someone who knows lots of things you could care less
about.