Tom Collins wrote:
On Jul 8, 2005, at 11:52 AM, Tren Blackburn wrote:

And I've created mailboxes on the server that I use only for
authentication as I've got a .qmail file for each user that just
forwards to the end server.  In my telnet tests however, it doesn't seem
like the message is even getting to vdelivermail...it's just being
blasted through to the .qmail-user file in the domain directory
(/home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com).

domain.com/.qmail-user -- qmail delivers directly
domain.com/user/.qmail -- qmail hands off to vdelivermail which handles delivery

So if I just put the email address where the message is destined to go into the .qmail in the user directory, it will not store the message on the server, but just forward it off?

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, I've never really needed to worry about this type of delivery before.

Regards,

Tren