Jeremy Kister wrote:
On 12/16/2005 6:43 PM, Rick Macdougall wrote:

What's the advantage of this over .qmail-user-list in the main domain directory ?

With this change deleting a user removes all the users .qmail (.vpopmail?) files. Currently I have my management system delete the user, but that does not clean up any dot files they have, as they are in the domain directory.

Which spawns an equally interesting question -- why have user/.qmail at
all?  I cant think of any scenarios where user/.qmail is needed..

user/.qmail hurts performance, as qmail-local has to call vdelivermail
instead of just dealing with the mail itself.

Currently if I need to create a .qmail file in the domain directory I am still calling vdelivermail (if I want to use things like valias, which I do). For a copy I currently add a vdelivermail line and a address line to a .qmail-user file.

#cat pixelhammer.com/.qmail-dave
|/home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Is that wrong?

i think you're right -- neither user/.qmail, user/.qmail-ext nor
user/.vpopmail are needed.

I disagree ;^)

DAve