On 2/17/06, Rick Macdougall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Muhammad Naeem wrote:
> > The problem is when i use .qmail-default as:
> > | /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox
> > it works great, chkuser performs valid recipient checking during smtp
> > negotiation but all spam mails also directly go in the inbox of the
> > user and if i enable the above mailfilter script to move spam in bulk
> > folder in the user inbox  by changing .qmail-default as:
> > | /usr/local/bin/maildrop /home/vpopmail/etc/mailfilter
> > then chkuser stop checking the existence of valid recipients and
> > receives all of the mails that are intended for non-existing users.
>
> Hi,
>
> Leave the | /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox as the
> first line but comment it out with a #
>
> Or edit the chkusr code and change the bounce-no-mailbox check to
> mailfilter.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rick

Thanks very much Rick. I have applied your first suggested solution by
leaving the line of vdelivermail in .qmail-default as it is and
commenting it out and it is working fine now the validity of existing
users is being checked by chkuser at smtp level.

Now there is another issue and that is lets suppose that i have a user
whose mailbox size is 1MB and if i send a test email to that account
containing an attachment of 1.5MB means more than the size of its
mailbox the mail gets deferred and stuck in the qmail queue and qmail
logs it:

2006-02-18 11:15:00.290014500 delivery 7: deferral:
user_is_over_quota//usr/local/bin/maildrop:_Unable_to_open_mailbox./

what i want is to return this oversize email to sender immediately
with a message like "user is over quota"

I don't know how to implement this, i will be obliged if you can help
me out in this regard.

Regards,
Naeem