Rick Macdougall wrote:
Rainer Duffner wrote:
Ken Jones wrote:
kengheng wrote:
Hi, when will the domain quota feature back to vpopmail?

Thanks.

Probably never. It is too resource intensive.
I recommend using operating system user quotas.
Place each domain under a different user and let
the file system handle the quota.

I assume you have to either
a) run qmail-smtpd as user root (because if ~vpopmail/domain/user.domain is own by user, vdelivermail as user vpopmail won't be able to deliver anymore) b) place the domain unter user vpopmail but with different groups, using OS-group-quotas (does that work?)

Or what else is "best practice"?

I run qmail-smtpd as root but that was along time ago that it was setup.

Nowadays only needed when there are legacy-users in /etc/passwd. IIRC.

I'd probably try using the vpopmail user and group quotas myself if I was setting it up again.

OK.

cheers,
Rainer