On Friday 24 March 2006 07:59, Andrew Simon wrote:
> I am running qmail/courier-map/vpopmail 5.4.2 system. It is working well.
> However occassionally users get the
>
> "553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)"
>
> Its not all the time. They are outside the office when this happens. I am
> using smtp after pop. All the settings are correct as far as I know. Any
> input would be helpful.

this is a common issue with pop-before-smtp authentication.  Their MUA is
probably trying to send an email before they have authenticated with pop3.
Outlook is notorious for doing this.

Fortunately, I think outlook might have a flag where it will always check for
new messages before sending, but I don't use outlook so you're on your own
there.

If it doesn't, just tell your users to make sure if they see it happen to hit
send/receive and try again.  Or switch to an smtp auth based solution if it's
that big of a problem.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen ++ [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the beginning was The Word and The Word was Content-type: text/plain
  -- The Word of Bob.