SMTP Authentication seems to be the norm these days, and I'd encourage it.  Now if only M$ would make it the default or easier than going into advanced settings when adding an account (and also the port 587 option).

Jeremy Kitchen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Friday 24 March 2006 09:52, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
> If it doesn't, just tell your users to make sure if they see it happen to
> hit send/receive and try again. Or switch to an smtp auth based solution
> if it's that big of a problem.

wow, I can't believe I didn't mention this before:
a third option is to have them stop using that pile of doo known as outlook.

now to find my coffe...

Jeremy Kitchen ++ [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the beginning was The Word and The Word was Content-type: text/plain
-- The Word of Bob.