What backend is vpopmail using for it's storage (cdb/mysql/ldap)?  That
will determine what steps need to be taken.  In most cases however,
moving from one server to another is a fairly painless job as long as
you get your bases covered and there should be no loss in emails or
accounts when doing the upgrade.  For me personally I've moved my
current user base across 4 different servers with only a blip of an
outage while transferring over the current email store and changing the
ip of the new and old boxes.

--
Thanks,
Ed McLain