In theory, ther'es always potential, particularly when dealing with files on disk.  One program could in theory do one thing and not another.

The MySQL database should deal with its own concurrency.  The CDB database has .vpasswd.lock files when updating the password files.

You probably don't have to worry about corrupting anything, but in theory one could get system time and do something unexpected on the other, particularly in deleting and creating folders.  That's usually not that important.  Odds are that's never going to happen that you do two opposite actions on the same [EMAIL PROTECTED] at the same time.

Odds are, you won't cause any harm.

-M

Jeremy Kitchen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wednesday 05 July 2006 11:39, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can we run the commands in:
> /home/vpopmail/bin
> concurrently?
> For instance, can someone run
> vadduser [EMAIL PROTECTED] password_foo
> at the time when someone else run:
> vadduser [EMAIL PROTECTED] password_bar
> ?

depends on what they do.

If they will modify the same files, you shouldn't. Otherwise, sure.

For example.you can run vadddomain and vadduser (with a different domain) at
the same time, but you shouldn't run two vaddusers on the same domain at the
same time, etc. There's locking involved that prevents them from stepping on
each other, but I don't know if they will just see the file as locked and
bomb out, or wait for the lock to clear, etc.

-Jeremy
--
Jeremy Kitchen ++ [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.pirate-party.us/ -- defend your rights