I've worked with your exact setup before nearly.

The best thing you can do is..

1)  Do nothing on your old vpopmail machine yet.
2)  Install vpopmail on your new machine
3)  DO-NOT create your domains or anything on your new machine yet.
4)  Use Rsync through SSH to copy your vpopmail directory from your old
server to your new one.   I know the exact command if you want it.  should
be /home/vpopmail
5)  Create your domains on your new machine, you'll get a warning "Domain
already exists" however it will create anyways and all of your users will
be automatically created, and your domains will get the correct UID and
GID's.
6)  When you're sure it'll work for you (which I'm 99.9% positive it
will), simply use rsync to recopy your old vpopmail directory to your new
one on the new server.  RSync will only copy the new files, so it doesn't
recopy anything, therefore you don't have any missed e-mails.
7) Repoint your DNS and you have a complete transfer.

on your old machine,
do this..

rsync -av -e ssh /home/vpopmail 0.0.0.0:/home

Replace the 0's with the destination IP address, it'll prompt you for the
new servers root password, enter it in and it'll build file list and
transfer everything over.

You may get some warnings and/or errors from rsync saying "Some files
could not be transfered"  that's because some files your trying to
transfer are currently being used, etc.   To stop that, simply cutoff the
connections and then transfer (possible right before you transfer
everything to make the new server active)

If you have any questions, let me know.

- Austin Jorden