On 2006-10-26, at 0441, tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:

Does anyone know about good clones/substitutes of tcpserver and rblsmtpd? I'ld like they to have a more open licensing, so developing and deployment of new integrated features could be more easy.

(sorry for going even further off topic)

i don't see anything in the ucspi-tcp source package, or on djb's web site, which indicates the kind of license under which the ucspi-tcp package is distributed.

i know we've probably all seen http://cr.yp.to/qmail/dist.html but that only applies to qmail.

i've heard it said that all of djb's other software is essentially public domain, but now i'm curious and would like know for sure. has anybody heard or seen any kind of statement from djb about this, and if so where can i find a copy of it?

| John M. Simpson - KG4ZOW - Programmer At Large |
| http://www.jms1.net/           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |
| Mac OS X proves that it's easier to make UNIX  |
| pretty than it is to make Windows secure.      |