On Saturday 06 January 2007 12:56, John Simpson wrote:
> On 2007-01-06, at 0648, Rick Widmer wrote:
> > John Simpson wrote:
> > > and it also means that vpopmail itself will never have to worry
> >
> > about
> >
> > > relay-after-pop3 issues again- they can be referred to whoever wrote
> > > the external scripts that they will be using.
> >
> > I don't agree about this.  We already have the ability.  Before I'd
> > be willing to remove it we need to provide a replacement for those
> > who can't give it up.  Once we provide the replacement it becomes
> > part of vpopmail even if it isn't in the core.
> >
> > I think the initial implementation should handle the same files the
> > same way they are done now.  As you replace existing code with
> > script calls, replicate the code within the script.
>
> joshua? if we add an "onauth" hook, how long would it take you to
> duplicate what vpopmail already does, using external scripts? i'm
> thinking maybe a set of files in a subdirectory under "contrib", and
> you would write a README.something file and maybe an external web
> site documenting the scripts and how to set them up...

I honestly don't know - I haven't had time to start looking at this (probably
won't until sometime next week), but there's 2 separate pieces: 1) the onauth
hook itself, which needs to be designed properly (though it's fairly simple,
so it shouldn't be too hard), and 2) the actual update functionality, which
depends on the different backends - of which I'm really only familiar with 1
(MySQL).  I'll give you a better idea of timeline once I look at it...

Josh
--
Joshua Megerman
SJGames MIB #5273 - OGRE AI Testing Division