On Jul 22, 2007, at 11:17 AM, Patrick Ale wrote:

Hi all,

Today I tried to compile vpopmail on a x86 box running Opensolaris.
During the compilation I got the following error:

# make
make  all-recursive
Making all in cdb
gcc  -L/usr/sfw/lib/openssl -Wall  -I/usr/sfw/include/openssl -o
vchkpw  vchkpw.o md5.o hmac_md5.o libvpopmail.a -lcrypt
warn libvpopmail.a(libvpopmail_a- vpopmail.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to vchkpw
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

What symbol is it complaining about? Undefined <whitespace> is kind of useless.

Do you guys have any idea what can be going on?

Help me set up a OpenSolaris machine with just a console and compiler and I will try to duplicate the problem and see if I can fix it.

Cheers,

Patrick

Bert JW Regeer