Your rm fu is not strong enough:

rm -rf -- *

or:

find . -print0 | xargs -0 rm -rf

Hmmmm. Shell scripting.

Bert JW Regeer

On Jul 22, 2007, at 4:31 PM, Quey wrote:

Hi,
A good option, I have been using it for a while.

BTW, this ones for the coders... upon deleting my test domain with 90K odd accounts vdeldomain had problems.. it removed from the database, but did not remove much of the directories, got some, but left problematic filenames (those starting with ?, ie: ?new ?cur ) etc, thereby a rm -rf wouldnt work, i had to unmount the disk and run e2fsck and took 25 mins holding down "y" to correct the issues before I could rm - rf the vast majority of that 90K, so perhaps the removal of physical directories process needs to be revisited?

Otherwise, I agree if you have more than a few thousand users in a domain, dump cdb and use mysql, the performace is greatly noticed :)