Shane Chrisp wrote:
On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 11:30 +0530, Dhaval Thakar wrote:
dear list,

dovecot performs better for mailbox sized in GBs,

i am trying to use dovecot with vpopmail.
I am using vpasswd.cdb.
vpopmail version 5.4.24.
Installed dovecot 1.0.10.

it performed better then courier.

the only problem i am facing with dovecot is its not updating vpasswd.cdb.
"last auth" is not updated.
& there is no quota indication on squirrelmail.

This sounds like you dont have the quota modules loaded. I use
squirrelmail and it displays the quota fine.

I have the following in my dovecot.conf

protocol imap {
mail_plugins = imap_quota quota trash

and

plugin {
quota = maildir

thanks
this has solved my quota display problem.

can anyone please guide me with vpasswd.cdb not getting modified while using dovecot,
whereas its working proper with courier-authlib.
i have recompiled vpopmail also.

I remember I also changed some options in squirrelmail but I dont
remember what I changed and what it was for other than one the setting
being changed from courier-imap.

Shane

kindly suggest if anyone is aware of solution for the above problem.

thanks & regards
dhaval

!DSPAM:47c92215120509853536757!