Hi,

i have found this problem in vpopmail compiled with maildrop support,
mailfilter files included from single users does not work and gives this

error: Jun 26 17:42:47 gag18 maildrop[24112]: Unable to open mailbox.

but the same configuration in a .qmail file works.

Here are some more detail:

vpopmail-5.4.26: ./configure --enable-valias=y
--enable-auth-module=mysql --enable-mysql-limits
--enable-qmail-ext=y
--enable-maildrop --enable-spamassassin

maildrop 2.0.4: ./configure --prefix=/usr
--enable-maildirquota --enable-syslog=1

/etc/maildroprc is based on this:
http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/mail/toaster/etc/mailfilter-domain

but important for me is this rules:

##
# Include any rules set up for the user - this gives the
#   administrator a way to override the domain's mailfilter file
#
#   this is also the "suggested" way to set individual values
#   for maildrop such as quota.
##

`test -r $VHOME/.mailfilter`
if( $RETURNCODE == 0 )
{
        log "  including $VHOME/.mailfilter"
        exception {
                include $VHOME/.mailfilter
        }
}

so i can manage maildrop filter for single user.

Ok, the problem is during the include of the local .mailfileter because
maildrop return this error in syslog:

Jun 26 17:42:47 gag18 maildrop[24112]: Unable to open mailbox.

My personal mailfilter is like this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/vpopmail/domains/pippo.it/alessio.cecchi# ls -la
total 20
drwx------  3 vpopmail vchkpw 4096 2008-06-26 17:45 .
drwx------ 42 vpopmail vchkpw 4096 2008-06-24 19:58 ..
drwx------ 12 vpopmail vchkpw 4096 2008-06-26 17:45 Maildir
-rw-------  1 vpopmail vchkpw  497 2008-06-26 17:37 .mailfilter

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/vpopmail/domains/pippo.it/alessio.cecchi# cat
.mailfilter
[...]
if ((/^From:.*MAILER-DAEMON/))
{
   to "./Maildir/.mailer-daemon/."
}
[...]

it seems that the home directory is settled in the wrong location (error in
syslog is "Unable to open mailbox")

the strange thing is that if I disable maildrop support from
vpopmail/vdelivermail and in my personal .qmail file set:

|/usr/bin/maildrop /etc/maildroprc

everything works properly

But this command is not the same that vpopmail call?

Thanks
--
Alessio Cecchi is:
@ ILS -> http://www.linux.it/~alessice/