On 9 Jun 2009, at 18:16, Matt Brookings wrote:

James Cox wrote:
Anyone got any tips for how to skip those log lines? I've been looking
at the chkuser_settings and i'm not confident i've seen anything
immediately obvious. I'm also not convinced that these lines should ever
exist in the smtp conversation anyhow...

You are supposed to redirect stdout and stderr to another location. Either to /dev/null or
to logfiles.

Hmm - makes sense. This is how i'm running it, and not sure why i'm getting logs in the smtp conversation:

env CHKUSER_START=DOMAIN \
 /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -vHR -p -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb \
        -u $QMAILDUID -g $NOFILESGID 0 smtp \
        /usr/local/bin/rblsmtpd \
                -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org \
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /bin/true 2>&1

since it's running under supervise, and is logged...

-james

!DSPAM:4a2ebb8432661324210016!