Paul H. Giesberts wrote:

>> Dear All,
>>
>> I have installed the latest qmail-net as per "life with qmail" on a RHES
>> 5.3, then vpopmail-5.4.28, which I upgraded to 5.4.30. (And dovecot 1.2.8)
>>
>> I get a "Aack,_child_crashed" upon mail delivery, when I create:
>> home/vpopmail/domains/mydomain.com/firstname.lastname/.qmail
>>
>> with a local delivery instruction in the .qmail file that reads:
>> /home/vpopmail/domains/mydomain.com/firstname.lastname/Maildir/
>>
>> If I remove the .qmail file it works fine. If I create a .qmail file with a
>> forward to an external address it works fine. It's when the delivery
>> instruction is local that it fails (./Maildir/ does not work either).
>>
>> Can you please help?
>>
>> By the way, what I am after is a local delivery PLUS a forward for a user.
>> Also this is NOT yet a production server....
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Paul Giesberts
>>

> try this:
>
> go to http://www.mail-archive.com/vchkpw@inter7.com
> and search for "aack, child crashed 5.4.30"
>
> ++jukka
>

> Hi Jukka,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I have seen that post and tried that fix on 5.4.28 and
> now I have tried it on 5.4.30. Unfortunately it has not cured the problem...
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks again Paul.
>

> --------------------The Solution (for me) ---------------------------
> I use safecat in the . qmail file
>
> So in /home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com/user/ I have a .qmail file that reads:
>
> |safecat /home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com/user/Maildir/tmp
> /home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com/user/Maildir/new
> &anot...@email.address ### another email address on a new line that I forward
> email to. ###

> Regards,
> Paul

I meant this solution (by Matt Brookings):

--------------------------------

Try this:

cat > ~vpopmail/etc/vusagec.conf << __EOF__
Server:
   Disable = True;
__EOF__

++jukka

Hi Jukka,

I know, that is what I tried. It did not work on either 5.4.28 or 5.4.30.
Anyway, using Safecat as mentioned above seems to work, though I have had one
email where the message body disappeared.... I will spend a week testing it and
see what happens. Thanks for your help. Do you know if using safecat like this
is "legit"?

Thanks, Paul.

!DSPAM:4b2b465e32712052218027!