I have several domains hosted via vpopmail, and I use
chkuser 2.0.9 to block dictionary-attack spam.

chkuser appears to have broken my ability to use
qmail's "dash aliases" for vpopmail domains. For example,
if I had a vpopmail account called "m...@example.com",
prior to chkuser I was able to send mail to
"matt-...@example.com" and it would be delivered to
the "m...@example.com" Maildir.

After installing chkuser 2.0.9, this feature stopped
working.

chkuser 2.0.9 appears supports dash aliases by default.
This is the relevant line from chkuser_settings.h:
#define CHKUSER_ENABLE_ALIAS

But this doesn't seem to work for vpopmail-hosted
domains -- only for the domain that is hosted natively
within qmail (listed in /var/qmail/control/locals).

The specific problem this causes me now is that
ezmlm-idx mailing lists cannot be used for vpopmail
domains, because ezmlm relies on dash aliases. For
example, a moderation reply address looks like:
 listname-accept-h...@example.com
whereas the delivery address is actually:
 listname-acc...@example.com

Subscription confirmation requests are similarly broken.

Is chkuser known to support qmail aliases within
vpopmail?

Related to the above, is chkuser 2.0.9 known to be
compatible with ezmlm-idx 7.1.1?

Thank you.

--
matt.