Il 15/09/2015 15:03, Drew Wells ha scritto:
On 09/15/2015 11:00 AM, Tonix - Antonio Nati wrote:
Il 15/09/2015 11:03, Drew Wells ha scritto:
In vpopmail-5.5.0 there seems to be a bug in vpopmail.c where the password strength is checked even if a password isn't used (such as when -e is used to add the encrypted password). Patch attached.

I do not understand the problem.

Of course password strenght is checked every time, and if it founds a null/empty password it gives error back if password must have a minimum lenght.

Your patch instead permit to have null password even if strenght policy would not allow it.

Regards,

Tonino
The problem is is that vadduser.c can call vadduser() (in vpopmail.c) without a password. It does this in the situation where vadduser.c has had the options "-e" or "-n" passed to it, so if this is the case the password can't be checked againts the password strength rules. The underlying function vadduser() needs to be able to add a user with no password.

I realize additional controls are done before calling vadduser(); but I personally would prefer an explicit parameter added to vadduser for avoiding password check (it may be a further parameter having default = "check").
It would make developers more protected against unwanted security bugs.

Regards,

Tonino

        Inter@zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      to...@interazioni.it