On Mar 25, 2009, at 11:26 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

That strikes me as a bit of an overkill. For example, if you see a variable that can be named a little better or if there's a spelling error then I don't see the need to file a Jira at all.

In my opinion Jira is, in addition to a tracking mechanism for what's going into which release, a communication mechanism for developers to announce what they feel needs to be done and who intends to work on it; it's kinda a macroscopic thing. It is also a mechanism for the community to officially make its wishes known as well as the usual bug reporting thing.

Mentors?  Thoughts?

Totally agree.

--kevan