Yes, one of the two vmwareGSX and vmwarefreeserver entries in the vmtype table should be removed because they are redundant.

Speaking of redundancy in the vmtype table vcl.sql file, I'm confused about why there are independent entries for ESX and ESX 3i. The esx.pm provisioning module uses the VMware API (http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/sdk_pubs.html ) which is designed by VMware to be identical with ESX and ESX 3i. This way, folks like us don't have to implement custom code for one ESX vs ESX 3i. Because of this, does it even matter which vmprofile.vmtypeid was added to the vcl.sql file? What do you think?

Given that VCL can't deploy ESX 3i (the free version), I propose VCL shouldn't mess with the 3i hypervisors until this can be revisited as a larger issue. As a fix, how about if we set the vmprofile.imageid to 4 (No Image) because of this? What do you think?

Best,
Brian

Brian Bouterse
Secure Open Systems Initiative