There are two conditions:
1. The free license is installed correctly( which has been confirmed today).

When checking the licensed features, i get the information as follows:

> Licensed Features
>

> Licensed Source

Serial Number:     [the SN got from the website]

> ESX Server Edition

ESX Server Standalone       Licensed for 2 CPUs

  NAS Usage

  iSCSI Usage

  Up to 4-way virtual SMP

  SAN Usage

> Add-Ons

[Nothing here because no addons are installed]

 On the condition, the CMD i typed and the ERROR is:

> [r...@management vm]# ./vmcontrol.pl --server 192.168.4.202 --username
> root --password xjtudlc --operation poweroff --vmname Redh5

> Error in 'Redh5' under host esxi2.p12.edu.cn: VM 'Redh5' can't be powered
> off

> SOAP Fault:

-----------

Fault string: fault.RestrictedVersion.summary

2. No license is installed:

 After the former operation, i deleted the license and checked the licensed
features, i get the information as follows:

> Licensed Features
>

> Licensed Source

     Evaluation    30 day(s) remaining

ESX Server Edition

ESX Server Standalone       Licensed for 2 CPUs

  NAS Usage

  iSCSI Usage

  Up to 4-way virtual SMP

  SAN Usage

> Add-Ons

VMware Consolidated Backup   Licensed for 2 CPUs

Then i started the vm with the VIClient and executed the same cmd through
the remote command console. The operation is successful without any error or
warnings. The target vm is also stopped as the cmd.

We have checked the installation of the license and the error is indeed
here. i dont know how to solve it.

virtual machine 'Redh5' under host esxi2.p12.edu.cn powered off

--
Yang Jie(杨杰)

Team of MRMSS, Xi'an Jiaotong University

Department of Computer Science and Technology, Xi’an Jiaotong University

TEL: +8613468883723;029-82665263 EXT.24

MSN: xtyangjie2...@yahoo.com.cn

E-mail: xtyang...@gmail.com
P. J. O'Rourke<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/p_j_orourke.html>