A couple of things to think about in releasing VCL.
What kind of experience are we looking for in terms of what the user
has to do?
1. Are they going to download a zip / tgz that will include
installation instructions ?
- One thing to think about is can an OVA be created that has a fully
ready VCL to be started as a Virtual machine? Not sure if anyone else
is doing this so the licensing might be interesting.
2. Will there be a script to help them install VCL
- or, will they need to follow a manual set of instructions
3. What dependencies would be needed for them to get VCL up and running?
- setup Apache HTTP Server with PHP
- Virtual environment
I think the answer to the user experience will drive the packaging
discussion for the release. This will in turn drive some other
thoughts in terms of software licenses, etc.