Can you determine why it isn't starting? Is the service startup mode set to "auto". Are there any errors in the Event Log when it doesn't start?

The service is configured by the update_cygwin.cmd script. This should be run automatically after an image is loaded when the root account is automatically logged in. Do you have this file:
C:\cygwin\home\root\VCL\Logs\post_load\update_cygwin.log

Are there any errors in it? You should see a section at the end where it sets the startup mode to auto and starts the sshd service, which looks like:

10:42:25.23: Setting sshd service startup mode to auto...
[SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS
ERRORLEVEL: 0

10:42:25.41: Starting the sshd service...
The CYGWIN sshd service is starting.
The CYGWIN sshd service was started successfully.

Regards,
Andy

Roger Herling wrote:
I have created a bare metal install of windows 7 the image captures fine but on first reboot the sshd service will not start. I checked the service it is set to start manually and owner is ./root. I have to manually start the service for the image process to complete. Anyone else having this issue any fixes? I am running the 2.1 code

Roger Herling
Sr. Desktop Administrator
Marist College
PH: 845-575-3347