Kiran,

Unfortunately, we don't actually have a default set of images available.  The
entries that come in the image table are there as examples for when people are
creating their own base images.  We probably should remove them and put
examples online somewhere instead.  What do others on the list think about
this?

We don't currently have a good solution for the fact that you really need a
full VCL install to do much useful development, and doing a full install isn't
a simple thing.

Josh

<josh_thomp...@ncsu.edu>wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Before discussing your contributions further, lets wait on that process
> > to get
> > worked out so that this can be contributed in a way that most benefits
> > the community.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Josh
> >
> > On Friday May 28, 2010, Kiran N wrote:
> > > Hello All,
> > > I have been studying VCL code and I want to be a contributor to the VCL
> > > development. I will identify my work as related to JIRA issue
> > > VCL-202(in database) started by Milen Paskov. There are few things I
> > > have been
> >
> > working
> >
> > > on and would like to share here.
> > >
> > >    - Modified vcl.sql script to connect to Apache derby database and
> >
> > create
> >
> > >    the database with the tables and data as in mysql. Please find the
> > >    vcl-derby.sql attached with this email.
> > >    - I have been working on the PHP front end code so that it can
> > > connect to both mysql and Apache derby database. I am not sure if I
> > > need to contibute to this by creating a new JIRA issue number. Please
> > > advise on this. - Regarding changes to the PHP front end, I have coded
> > > a new 'param.php' file which changes the database data fetch or update
> > > statements based on the type of database. I also assigns/creates some
> > > global variables. As stated in JIRA issue VCL-202 , there are certain
> > > keywords ('user', 'end', 'order' and 'key')which cannot be used as
> > > database columns or table names in derby , I have created global
> >
> > variables
> >
> > >  which store the values of these keyword based on mysql/derby.
> > >    - Apart from this in the code there are some small changes like
> > >    DATA_FORMAT() , UNIX_TIMESTAMP() functions is not recognized in
> > > derby. So they have been changed accordingly. I am working on a
> > > document to provide the complete list of changes between mysql and
> > > derby from the
> >
> > PHP
> >
> > >  front end code perspective.
> > >    - Regarding connecting PHP to Apache derby, db2 runtime client with
> > >    ibm_db2 extension is used. PDO_ODBC is the data access interface for
> >
> > PHP
> >
> > >    which compiles directly against DB2 librraries for native access to
> >
> > DB2.
> >
> > >  PHP is complied with ibm_db2 extension and configured accordingly.
> >
> > Please
> >
> > >  refer to below links for better understanding.

> > > http://www.db2ude.com/?q=node/81
> > >
> > > I am working on providing more explanatory documents which would help
> >
> > doing
> >
> > > the setup for testing and checking the connection of PHP with derby but
> > >  this is the initial idea that i shared. Presently, I have done the
> > > setup and working on the PHP front end code. I will be sharing that
> > > also with you probably sometime next week.
> > > Please provide me feedback and suggestions on this! Let me know for any

- --

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu