NCSU has 1 ESXi 5.0 server running in production.  I haven't
encountered any problems.  The VCL 2.2.1 and later code should work.
The only configuration difference I noticed is that the steps to
enable SSH are a little different.  The authorized_keys file should be
copied to the ESXi host in the following location: