Hi Jim,

I'm working from a new image, so (unfortunately?) Cygwin is already the
latest version.

I've disabled many of the default items in /etc/profile to try and speed up
initial connections.  Do you happen to know if the management node
opens/closes the SSH connection for each command it issues, or uses the
same SSH session for multiple commands?

Many thanks,
Mike