We've just started testing a third party RDP accelerator called Ericom Blaze.
http://www.ericom.com/ericom_blaze.asp
Ericom has been around for a while, and I've talked with others who
are using it successfully.

Personally, I've not had a chance to test it with GIS, but have tested
it with Solidworks CAD renderings and we've seen a much better
performance over RDP.

Aaron

--
Aaron Peeler