Neal Xiong and I worked on some testing code using Matlab using VCL 2.1 (and 2.2.1). A simple script loop was run with intermediate output being displayed to screen, or with intermediate output suppressed (and just the final result being displayed).

A small iteration runtime might takes 30-40 seconds (e.g. when "counting by 10" to 5,000) and having all intermediate results displayed to screen.

When we suppressed that intermediate results display (and just the final result was displayed), the runtime dropped to 1-2 seconds.

Did seem to bear out the fact that asking VCL implementation to display interactive type results (at least in our testing of images of Matlab on Windows XP or 7) using RDP, would need to consider user display output as a factor to be considered.

Art