From: Mark Gardner [mailto:m...@vt.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 1:21 PM
To: vcl-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: VCL running on Dell Hardware

Arbin,

My development platform is a Dell Optiplex 760 desktop. So it is likely that
the servers you have will work. As Dmitri said, a greater limitation is that
ESX needs to run on it. I am working on a server currently that does not have a
supported RAID card and hence ESX will not run on it.

Note: the upcoming VCL 2.3 release supports other virtualization options, such
as KVM, that will relax the constraints on ESX-supported hardware.

Mark

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Sanders, Arbin D <asand...@nccu.edu> wrote:

> Has anyone been able to get this working? I am looking at creating a
> test bed with some older Dell Servers we have.****
>
> ** **
>
> *Arbin Darren Sanders*****
>
>  ****
>
> IT Manager – Academic Computing****
>
> North Carolina Central University****
>
> 712 Cecil Street****
>
> Suite 3014****
>
> Durham, NC 27707****
>
> 919.530.6307****
>
> 919.530.5097 (Fax)****
>
> ** **
>
> *For the Latest ITS Updates and Tips Join Us Online** **   **[image:
> cid:image003.png@01CB6AD0.97665900]*<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=66100342#!/pages/Durham-NC/NCCU-Eagle-Technical-Assistance-Center-ETAC/249508718552?v=info>
> *     *[image: Description: Description: Description: Description:
> cid:image004.png@01CB6AD0.97665900] <http://twitter.com/NCCUETAC>****
>
>  ****
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain
> confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized
> disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
> please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.****
>
> ** **

Mark Gardner