It would be nice to see IPv6 included for sure.  We at Clemson are
definitely wanting that.

Hopefully this wasn't mentioned before and I missed it, but is there a spot
to vote on what features are important to the community?  Like a survey or
something for interested parties?

Thanks for the great work, guys!

-ChrisJ

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Josh Thompson <josh_thomp...@ncsu.edu>wrote:

> I like the idea of prioritizing items that are preventing people from using
> VCL.  I'll move power management and Libcloud to 2.5.  I think Spice will
> be
> taken care of with the work needed for NAT.  Having Spice makes us more
> competitive with commercial VDI solutions.
>
> Josh
>
> On Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:19:31 AM Andy Kurth wrote:
> > I think 2.4 should include the highest-priority items which currently
> > prevent some institutions/organizations from using VCL including:
> > -IPv6 support
> > -NAT support
> > -Single network interface support
> >
> > Adding these makes the list for 2.4 ridiculously long.  I would
> > suggest moving power management, Spice, and libcloud support to later
> > releases.
> >
> > I think any feature can be worked on in the meantime if anyone is
> > interested in doing so, but completion should not prevent 2.4 from
> > being released.
> >
> > I would also like to plan a 2.3.1 bug fix release targeted for early
> > to mid August, 2012.
> >
> > -Andy
> >
> > On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Mark Gardner <m...@vt.edu> wrote:
> > > Aaron,
> > >
> > > At some point I would like to put IPv6 and NAPT on the list but I am
> > > still working on the code. (I would prefer to follow in the footsteps
> > > of the others and have something working to back it up so maybe we
> > > don't want to put it on the schedule yet.)
> > >
> > > Mark

> josh_thomp...@ncsu.edu>

> about

> josh_thomp...@ncsu.edu>

> cut
> finding
> soon

> include.
> off

> other

> which
> Public

> > > --
> > > Mark Gardner
> > > --
> - --
> - -------------------------------
> Josh Thompson
> VCL Developer
> North Carolina State University

--
-Chris W. Jones
-CCIT CSO Department

<< Insert standard legalize for: If this message wasn't for you, don't read
it. >>

Dilbert Funnies:
 http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2011-09-22/
 http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2011-10-02/