Rohit,

When calling the XMLRPCaffiliations function, you need to use a different mode
than what is used for the rest of the API functions:

https://vcl.ncsu.edu/scheduling/index.php?mode=xmlrpcaffiliations

This is documented at

http://people.apache.org/~jfthomps/xmlrpcdocs/xmlrpcWrappers_8php.html

under "Detailed Description".

I missed that detail when you contacted me off list.

Josh

On Friday April 08, 2011, Rohit Manohar wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to use the VCL XMLPRC API for a project in one of the course I
> am enrolled. I was trying to run a test using a Perl script:
>
> use 5.010;
> use strict;
> use warnings;
> use Frontier::Client;
>
> my @result;
>
> # Make an object to represent the XML-RPC server.
> my $server_url = 'https://vcl.ncsu.edu/scheduling/index.php?mode=xmlrpccall
> ';
> my $server = Frontier::Client->new(url => $server_url);
>
> # Call the remote server and get our result.
> @result = $server->call('XMLRPCaffiliations');
> foreach(@result){
> print $_;
> }
>
> The VCL XMLRPC API says thatXMLRPCaffilications() is the only function
> available for which the X-User and X-Pass headers do not need to be passed.
> However, I get the following output:
>
> *Fault returned from XML RPC Server, fault code 3: Access denied*
>
> Any clue what I am doing wrong?
>

> PS: Small glitch in documentation. The VCL XMLRPC API documentation (
> http://people.apache.org/~jfthomps/xmlrpcdocs/xmlrpcWrappers_8php.html)
> says:
>
> The URL you will use to submit RPC calls is the URL for your VCL site
> followed by
> index.php?mode=xmlrpccall
> for example if the URL for your VCL site is
> https://vcl.mysite.org/vcl/
> the RPC URL would be
> https://vcl.mysite.org/vcl/index.php?mode=xmlrpccall
> which translates to