It sounds like the issue is related to the communication between the management
node and the VMware host. That, at least, is what the attached logs reflect. It
is also unclear whether you are trying to access the VM Host via the vSphere
API or via SSH. If it is the former, make sure that the vSphere perl modules
have been installed and that the vmprofile is properly set up. If it is the
latter, make sure that the ssh port is open on the VM host (there are
instructions for how to do this here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/VMware+Configuration ) and that
the mgmt node is able to login successfully via ssh.

As for ssh key authentication between the mgmt node and VMs, I would recommend
using the gen-node-key.sh script described at the bottom of this page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4589006

--
Aaron Coburn
Systems Administrator and Programmer