I'm sure this is in the docs somewhere but I haven't seen it.

I'm working my way through the base image capture process, one error at
a time.  Latest problem mail contains:

 disk type is set to 'localdisk' but the repository path is NOT
 configured for VM
 +profile 'VMware ESX - local storage', this configuration is not
 allowed because
 +it may result in vmdk directories being deleted without a backup copy
 saved in
 +the image repository

...So I'm looking at the "Manage Virtual Hosts" -> "VM Host Profiles"
page, and I find settings for "Repository Path", "Data Store Path", and
"VM Path".

I gather that one of those is the data store where disk files for live
VM's are stored, another is the data store where VM templates are stored
(right?) and the third is... what?  I don't know.

Which should be which?

--
Michael Jinks :: mji...@uchicago.edu :: 773-469-9688
University of Chicago IT Services