I just installed and tryied dvcs-autosync 0.5 from Debian. Is anybody actively
using and developing this? I like the idea, but the software still needs a lot
of serious work. Do you think it's worth pushing dvcs-autosync forward or are
there better alternatives/approaches?
My notes so far so I don't forget them:
- It should use the namespace dvcs-autosync for folders in .config, .local
rather then the generic autosync which would also be consistent with the
- It should call logrotate from time to time to clean up old log files
- Pidfiles should be written somewhere in /tmp. It seems there's no standard
for a /run/ folder for users?!?
- I don't like writing any XMPP password in a config file.
- I'd like some way to trigger a git pull since I've not yet set up XMPP.
Otherwise I need to manually kill the autosync process, git pull and start it
- dvcs-autosync should properly daemonize by itself instead. There surely must
be python libraries for that?
Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro
vcs-home mailing list