Bugs item #3031623, was opened at 2010-07-19 10:08
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by flrichar
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=611248&aid=3031623&group_id=95403

not just the latest update.
Category: vde_switch
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When I start vde_switch with the following parameters (as root), it doesn't
start:

vde_switch -t tap22 -d -M /tmp/vde22.mgmt -g kvm

vde_switch: Could not chown socket '': No such file or directory
vde_switch: Could not remove ctl socket '/var/run/vde.ctl': No such file or
directory

I'm running slackware64 13.1 and vde 2.3.   (Latest SVN).  If I create the dir
in an init script before it begins, it works correctly.  When I stop the
process, it removes the dir.  File permissions are fine.  If I designate the -s
parameter for socket, it is also ok (tested this as a normal user and
/tmp/vde.ctl).