I suppose this can be done with VDE, using the VDE switch management interface (it should be in the manual).

Another option might be to use the Linux kernel vlan support (http://linux.die.net/man/8/vconfig) and use VirtualBox' bridged network mode, to bridge to the vlan interface.

--
Ivo

Op 11-5-2011 7:30, Geoff Nordli schreef:

Hi.

I have a couple hundred VMs running across several servers. Right now each VMs is isolated on their own private network (vbox "internal" network option), but sometimes they need to talk to other VMs across physical servers. I need to be able to isolate the traffic between all of the VMs (no shared traffic).

I am hoping to create a couple hundred vlans using VDE and then assign a VM to the particular VDE vlan.

Is that possible?

Thanks,

Geoff

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmay