On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 06:07:27PM +0300, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> Hi All,
> Good news for you: I wrote basic VDE docs for VirtualBox (on vbox-dev
> mailing list), with links to your official documentation. And I
> hope my docs will be included in the upcoming VirtualBox 4.1.0 User
> Manual
> Renzo wrote: (few months ago)
> > PATH[]: e.g. /tmp/vdep2p[]
> >      it creates a female socket for a point to point connection
> >      another (local) client can be plugged to the other end of the
> >      cable using "/tmp/vdep2p"
> This is something I don't understand. What it can do ?
> How to create the female socket ? (I found no docs on that topic on
> your website)

If you want to connect two machines by a point-to-point line:
start the first naming a 'NULL' port
start the second as the first were the switch:

that's all.
The doc about female sockets is in my todo file ;-)

> (I randomly came across "http://virtualbricks.eu/"; which mentions this
> capabilities to attach host­2host and wire2host. Can it also attach
> UDP Tunnel to VDE switch ?)
The switch is (still) not able to use a UDP connection, the libvdeplug library
For now if you want to connect a UDP tunnel to a vde switch you need a
cable, for example a wirefilter (plugged in the switch on one side and
using the UDP syntax for the other end).

Work is always in progess....

Get your free trial download today.