On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Doesn't the "EPG bugfix #7" already take care of this:
 // Some channels put the same information into ShortText and Description.
 // In that case we delete one of them:
Maybe you have disabled the "EPG bugfix level" setup option?

I have "EPG bugfix level" set to 3. The point is - ShortText and Description are near the same - one of them is a few characters longer.
Perheaps it would be better to compare only a few first characters?
I have sugested 8 - if both text starts from the same word(s), they
its very probably, its near the same.

Or... strncmp(ShortText,Description,

strlen(ShortText)>strlen(Description)?strlen(Description):strlen(ShortText))

                                   Boguslaw Juza