To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 3:37 AM
Subject: [vdr] VDR keeps restarting.

Hello,

I've installed VDR on an ubuntu box, uding the ubuntu packages. (I
plan to build one from sources though). This gives me VDR version
1.4.0
First I started VDR with the option to use a NFS mount as the place to
store its recordings. VDR worked, and I could watch FTA channels.
Recording didn't work wel though, and I suspected that the NFS was to
slow, so I changed the video dir to a local one.

After that change VDR won't start anymore. runvdr keeps restarting vdr
after 11 seconds, and I have absolutely no idea why. There is no
information in any logfile whatsoever that gives any hints as to what
might have been going on.

- Hence my questions: Is it possible to get VDR to be more verbose in
its logging?
- Is it possible to make VDR log to its own logfile?
- What might be causing the restarts evere 11 seconds?

Krist

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bremgarten b. Bern, Switzerland