When VDR compares epg data to see whether its been updated, does it
actually compare the show description/info data or just certain fields
in the epg data entry?  I'm guessing the latter because I've noticed
that when I populate extended epg data, a lot of shows will have a
generic description.  I let a few days go by and the generic
description is still there in my epg data but if I delete epg.data and
re-populate it, the description is updated.  This leads me to believe
VDR isn't comparing the entire epg entry for changes but perhaps just
changes with show name or so.

Can anyone add clarity to this?  It's happened so many times that I
can't believe it's coincidence.