alex bustamante wrote:
> Hi,
> When i compile my plugins under vdr 1.4.7 most of them get the
> versionnumber 1.4.5. For example: The result
> of this is that i get the following errormessage when i try to launch:
> vdr: ./PLUGINS/lib/ cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory
> My solution to this problem is 'ln -s
> However, that seems more like a workaround. Is there a clean solution to
> this? Thanks!

The 1.4.5 is the APIVERSION of VDR 1.4.7 [1], so the name is okay. The
"cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" usually
means that some library the plugin is linked against is missing. You can
try running:

to see if any libraries are missing, though it seems unlikely in this case.

[1] I would've preferred using a completely separate numbering scheme
for the APIVERSION, unrelated to VDR version, so that this kind of
confusion could've been avoided.

Anssi Hannula