Hi,

Hannu Tirkkonen schrieb:

>       How about version that allows reception of dvb-[t,c,s] and dvb-s2?
>       I did test with the instructions found from:
>
> http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/OpenSuSE_DVB-S2_-_Step_by_Step_Installationsanleitung_%28Achtung_Beta%29
>
>       but... when tuning to dvb-c channels, i get message saying something
> like "channel not available".
>
>       Of course one can have separate vdr instances on each cards by using -D
> option, but that's not the best choice.
>       br.

The problem is that DVB-S2 devices can currently only be used by the
multiproto interface. This interface supports DVB-S, DVB-C, DVB-T and
DVT-H too, but the existing drivers need to be adapted to the new
interface -- more or less the same as VDR had to be adapted to the new
API, but one big question seems to be whether the multiproto API is the
right way to go.

As the multiproto tree still supports the old frontend API, the problem
could also be solved in VDR by using the old API when the device reports
a certain error for new API functions. But this would mean to double
much code.

Anyway, if one feels the need to go this way, feel free to do so.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]