rjkm schrieb:
> Igor writes:
>  > >
>  > > I have
>  > > CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6400  @ 2.13GHz (Family: 6, Model:
> 15,
>  > > Stepping: 6)
>  > > and picture of "x264 recording VIDEO:  [avc1]  1280x720  24bpp  23.976
> fps" is
>  > > just perfect, but sound comes out  about 0,2 second too early with xine.
>  > >
>  > > With my other machine "AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3400+" can not play
> those
>  > > file with-out heavy problems, totaly under power CPU for that kind of
>  > > playback.
>  >
>  > My friend has a configuration
>  >
>  > hard: Asus P35 + Intel 2160 @ 3GHz + 2GB ram (@800MHz) + SATA disk +
> ATI2600XT 256MB + TT3200
>  > soft:
>  > debian testing (lenny) kernel 2.6.22-2-686
>  > V4L-dvb = Multiproto - 26.10.07
>  > xorg video driver = ati 8.41.7 (fglrx)
>  >
>  > vdr 1.5.10 + vdr-1.5.10-dvbs2-h264-syncearly-framespersec.diff
>  > xine-0.8.0 plugin
>  >
>  > ffmpeg-cvs from 08.11.2007
>  > xine-lib-1.2 from 8.11.07
>  > xine-ui from 8.11.07
>  >
>  > and can see the h.264 dvb-s2 channels with average 60% CPU load.
>
> What kind of streams are these? What bitrate and resolution?
>
> For real comparisons we will need to specify the exact stream parameters. If
> sombody has some links to files, I can run tests on a decypher chip.
> Then we can compare that to the load on different CPUs.

i would  really like to see this - allthough i can't help in finding
files. Even a C2D + RAM +Video card @60% load for average TV viewing
sounds crazy to me - so i would prefer HDe as well - as soon as it is
available and some people are using it. At the moment with my CRT TV
there is no real use for it anyway ;)