On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:04:33 +0200
Samuli Seppänen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I have a problem with Xineliboutput's OSD. In low resolution videos it
> >> look doesn't fit the screen. It seems as if Xineliboutput actually
> >> switches the resolution of the (VGA) monitor.
> >>
> >> So how do I force Xineliboutput to first scale the _video_ to screen
> >> (not vice versa) and then put OSD (unscaled) on top of that?
> >
> > Same problem here.
> > I'd prefer it to scale the osd the same way vdr-xine does.
> > (i'm using xine as a remote frontend)
>
> There is a setting in /etc/vdr/setup.conf
> (Xineliboutput.VideomodeSwitching = 1), but in Gentoo that file gets
> overwritten every time VDR starts. I have not yet found a way to modify
> that file except with the vdr-setup plugin, but it does not allow me to
> change all the variables that are in the file.

Hi,

Rolf Ahrenberg already answered this question yesterday at Linuxtv.fi forum, a
short while after you posted it.

Make sure VDR isn't running when you edit setup.conf with external
tools--otherwise VDR will not read your changes and it will just overwrite them
with its current in-memory settings when closed.

Regards,

Niko Mikkilä